The Fendt 300 vario is a Tractor available in Farming Simulator 17. It is a mid-small tractor capable of operating light equipment. Its main advantage is a very low maintenance cost - the lowest among all tractors. On the other hand, is very expensive to purchase. An engine upgrade will make it significantly more powerful, but it is also expensive.
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Very Low Maintenance: The 300 Vario's maintenance cost is the lowest in the game for any tractor, and remains relatively low even after an engine upgrade.
- Engine Upgrade: The 300 Vario can be upgraded at any time with a stronger engine, which boosts its power considerably. Unfortunately, the engine is very expensive, even when considering the added power.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Expensive: The 300 Vario is $20,000 more expensive than an equal-strength tractor like the Hürlimann XM T4i. With an engine upgrade installed, it is still several thousand dollars more expensive than an equivalent tractor.
- Somewhat Underpowered: In its default setup, the 300 Vario will struggle when pulling loaded tippers of any size. An upgraded engine will solve the problem, but at a cost.
- Light: The 300 Vario is somewhat light for a front-loading tractor of its size. When using a bucket or other lifting implement, it has a tendency to tip over. Drive carefully with such implements.
- Expensive Paint: The 300 Vario's body can only be repainted in one darker shade of green, and the job costs a substantial amount of money.
Customization[edit | edit source]
Front Loader Attacher[edit | edit source]
- No: Can't install a Front Loading Arm attachment.
- Yes (+$800): Adds a Front Loading Arm attachment point at the front of the tractor.
Engine Setup[edit | edit source]
- 310 Vario: No change to engine power.
- 313 Vario (+$14,000 and +$28/d): Increases engine power output to 101 kW / 138 hp, which is slightly less than a New Holland T6 but at a significantly lower maintenance cost.
Main Color[edit | edit source]
Wheel Setup[edit | edit source]
- Standard: Basic wheels.
- Narrow Tires (+$800): A narrower set of wheels. Slightly improves the vehicle's turning radius, but also makes it more prone to tipping over.
Specifications[edit | edit source]
- Price: $111,000
- Maintenance Cost: $100 / day
- Leasing Costs: $2,220 + $5,550/h + $1,110/d
- Engine Power: 81 kW / 110 hp
- Max. Speed: 43 km/h / 26 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 14 km/h / 9 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 210 L / 55.5 gal
- Front Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Bolt)
- Rear Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Ball), Drawbar (Bolt)
- Mass: 4,225 kg