The New Holland 8340 is a Tractor available in Farming Simulator 17. It is an extremely economic mid-small tractor model, providing good horsepower for operating light implements and towing small tippers at more than a dozen thousand dollars less than other tractors of its class. However, its the maintenance cost is high, and its engine cannot be upgraded - meaning that the 8340 will eventually outlive its usefulness.
- Very Cheap: The 8340 provides 125 horsepower for the price of a 105-horsepower tractor, saving you over twelve thousand dollars at purchase.
- High Maintenance: The 8340 has a relatively high maintenance cost compared to other tractor models of its class.
- Poor Upgrades: The 8340 has no Engine Upgrade option. It can quickly become obsolete as you get the money to purchase stronger tractors with a lower maintenance cost. It also has no color customization options, and only one (expensive!) set of optional wheels that give little benefit.
- Somewhat Light: The 8340 is a little light for a front-loading tractor of its size. When using a bucket or other lifting implement, it has a tendency to tip over, even with Wide Tires installed. Drive carefully with such implements.
Front Loader Attacher Edit
- No: Can't install a Front Loading Arm attachment.
- Yes (+$800): Adds a Front Loading Arm attachment point at the front of the tractor.
Wheel Setup Edit
- Standard: Basic wheels.
- Wide Tires (+$1,800): Slightly wider tires give a bit of extra stability.
- Price: $85,000
- Maintenance Cost: $200 / day
- Leasing Costs: $1,700 + $4,200/h + $850/d
- Engine Power: 92 kW / 125 hp
- Max. Speed: 42 km/h / 26 mph
- Max. Reverse Speed: 15 km/h / 9 mph
- Fuel Capacity: 218 L
- Front Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Bolt)
- Rear Attachments: Three-point hitch, Drawbar (Ball), Drawbar (Bolt)
- Mass: 4,962 kg