The New Holland BigBaler 1290 is a type of Baler in Farming Simulator 17. It is the only Baler in the base game that can create Square Bales. While twice as expensive as the Round-Bale model (the New Holland Roll-Belt 150), the BigBaler has several key advantages - not least being the fact that it creates Square Bales.
- Creates Square Bales: The BigBaler 1290 is the only tool in the base game capable of creating Square Bales, which are very easy to manipulate and stack.
- Automatic Release: The BigBaler 1290 automatically releases each bale it creates, instantly freeing up room for the next bale without any pause in the material collection. This significantly speeds up the work, since you don't need to stop and unload every single bale.
- Useful for Small Harvesters: A small Harvester like the New Holland TC5.90 can tow a BigBaler 1290 behind it as it works on Wheat or Barley fields, creating a Straw swath and immediately packing it into bales. The Automatic Release feature (see prev. point) means that the Harvester never has to stop working to release its bales.
- Can't Create Round Bales: The BigBaler 1290 can only create Square Bales. While this is a more comfortable bale shape to work with, Square Bales cannot be used in the base-game Bale Wrapper. Square bales cannot be wrapped to create Sileage in the base game without the use of mods, though a square baler does exist in the Kuhn DLC.
- Power Hungry: The BigBaler 1290 consumes 185 Horsepower from the vehicle that's towing it. Additionally, it is quite a heavy machine in and of itself. This means that smaller Tractors will struggle to operate the BigBaler, or even to simply tow it.
- Price: $102,000
- Maintenance Cost: $190 / day
- Leasing Costs: $2,040 + $5,100/h + $1,020/d
- Working Width: 2.76 meters
- Input Materials: Grass, Hay, Straw
- Output: Square Bales
- Release: Automatic
- Attachment Points: Drawbar (Ball)
- Power Consumption: 136 kW / 185 hp
- Mass: 8,415 kg