Ravenport is an American-style map available in Farming Simulator 19 as part of the base download. It is a based on regions in the South-West United States, such as South California. Ravenport is characterized by large, open spaces and massive fields, with a relatively gentle hilly terrain. While the entire map is connected by wide, mostly-straight roads, many areas are only accessible by narrow dirt roads and side-paths.
Advantages[edit | edit source]
- Massive Farmland: Several of the fields on Ravenport are huge and mostly flat, making for easy mass-production of crops. Most fields have a good amount of headland, clear of trees, to allow hired workers to navigate easily without getting stuck (or alternatively, to place down buildings and parking spaces).
- Comfortable Main Roads: The main roads on Ravenport are mostly straight and wide, connecting together nearly all areas of the map.
- Four Starting Fields: The scripted start conditions include you owning four small fields right next to your farm, allowing you to experiment with four different types of crops immediately.
Disadvantages[edit | edit source]
- Narrow Side-Roads: Most of the side-roads on the map are unpaved, narrow roads, often running up hills and between trees, with tight corners and little space for turning around. This is mostly noticeable near the farmhouse, in the south-east corner of the map.
- Secluded Farm Space: The area designated for your farm is a run-down patch of uneven land in the corner of the map. There is not much space to work with here, and the road to the farm is rather narrow and uncomfortable for larger vehicles.
- Tough Facility Access: Several important facilities are difficult to enter, especially when towing a large trailer. This is particularly true for the train stations.
- Remote Barn: The only Barn on the map is up a narrow dirt road from your farm area, at the corner of the map.